1. How will I know if you received my order?
2. When should I expect to receive my order?
3. How do you ship orders/Can I choose which carrier you use?
4. Do you offer expedited shipping on your site?
5. When I enter my part number the page says it’s a "Special Order". What does that mean?
6. Can I cancel a Special Order item?
7. I received my order & a part number/price has changed. What’s going on?
8. What types of payment do you accept?
9. Can I return an item?
10. How can I contact you/when are you available?
11. What brands does OrderTree carry parts for?
12. What is Credit & Debit Card Authorization Hold?
When you place an order you will receive an order confirmation via e-mail. This will include your order number & the total of your order.
Orders for parts that are in stock generally ship within 24 hours (excluding weekends). You should receive your order within 3-5 business days.
Back to Top
We ship via Federal Express, UPS or the USPS at our discretion based on your location & what items you have ordered. We would ask that you include an address where there is a physical mailbox to help facilitate delivery of your order. At this time we are unable to let you select which delivery service carriers your order.
Back to Top
A ‘Special Order” item is something that we are out of stock on at the time your order is placed. Usually we are able to obtain these items & ship them to you within 10-15 business days. Occasionally a manufacturer will be out of stock on the part & it will take longer for us to get. Once the part arrives we will promptly ship it to you.
Back to Top
Some “Special Order” items can be cancelled. We will accept cancellations for items that we normally keep in inventory. If the item is something that we do not stock or is an item that one of manufacturer partners will not accept as a return than the item is not cancelable. You can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding canceling a part.
Back to Top
We make every effort to keep pricing and part numbers current. There are times, however, that manufacturers change a part number or price. This typically occurs when we are getting in back ordered parts. If the part number/price changes we will note it on your invoice. Please note in our terms & conditions that all prices are subject to change without notice. Please Note: When our orders are ready to ship they release automatically & we will not be able to notify you of any changes.
Back to Top
We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express cards. Sorry, we are not able to offer C.O.D. (Cash on Delivery) as an option
Back to Top
Please email us with your request.
Please include your Ticket number information (found on the paperwork inside the recieved box) and the reason for the request.
You will receive a reply with instructions on how and where to return your item, and an RMA number that you must write plainly on the outside of the return package as well as inside the box on a copy of the original invoice.
- Returned items must be in new and resalable condition
- Parts returned without permission and without an RMA number will be immediately scrapped or returned to you at your expense
- No credit will be issued for parts returned without an RMA number
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable
- Returned items may be subject to a 25% restocking fee
- Your refund will be issued in the same form of payment as your original purchase
- Please allow 7-10 days for processing your credit once your return shipment is received
- All requests for an RMA must be received within 10 days of receipt of product
Please Note the List of Items Below That Are Non-Returnable:
- Special Order items
- Whole goods and attachments, literature, engines, pumps, short blocks, electrical parts, gaskets, liquids, chemicals, sprays
- Items with damaged or non-original packaging
- Installed, used or damaged items
Ordertree carries a full line of parts & accessories for most major brands of Outdoor Power Equipment, including MTD, Poulan, Poulan Pro, Troy-Bilt, Weedeater, Kohler, Briggs & Statton, Tecumseh and many more.You can view all of our Brand Pages here. We are also proud to carry Rotary Aftermarket Parts for brand that we do not carry original equipment manufacturers parts for including John Deere, Honda, Stihl, Toro, Gravely & many more!
Back to Top
The following explanation of banking terms and processes is meant to assist you in understanding the charges associated with your OrderTree.com purchase(s) in general terms. For specific information on how your account has been affected, you must contact your financial institution.
Authorization hold (also card authorization, pre-authorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the merchant clears the transaction (also called settlement), or the hold "falls off." Debit card authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again) anywhere from 1–5 days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy. Credit card holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank.
Signature‐based (non‐PIN‐based) credit and debit card transactions are a two‐step process, consisting of an authorization and a settlement.
When you place an order with OrderTree.com and pay with a debit card, you trigger the following events:
- A pre-authorization hold for the amount of the parts, $8.001 in shipping & handling, and any sales taxes that may apply2 is placed on your debit card account. This will show on the account as a "pending transaction". The money never leaves the account but it is unavailable to the account holder until the hold "falls off".
- The actual order charge will post to the debit card account. Contrary to popular belief, this process is not instantaneous: the transaction may not appear on the customer's statement or online account activity for one to two days.
- There may be a period of “overlap” where both the pre-authorization and the actual charge appear on the online activity for one to two days before the authorization hold "falls off". Only the actual order charge removes money from the debit card account. However, the funds held by the pre-authorization hold are not available for other transactions until it is released by the card holder’s bank. If a debit card holder is not aware of the available balance on the card, this process can result in overdraft or over limit fees being charged to the account.
This example is for balance representation only and is not an example of a bank statement.
January 4, 2010
January 5, 2010
|Credit & Debit Card Authorization Hold|
January 6, 2010
January 7, 2010
In this example, on January 5th and 6th it looks like there are two charges from OrderTree.com on the account. Only one is the actual charge, however $79.50 ($38.00 preauthorization3 (preauth) + $41.50 actual charge) is temporarily “tied up” because of the purchase on January 4th. Since the Preauth is not a charge it may not be reflected on an online or ATM balance. This can create a false impression of the balance, and can cause the customer to spend more than they actually have available in the account. This may result in overdraft or over limit fees from your financial institution.
1 The shipping and handling charges for consumer orders are based on a sliding scale and determined by the dollar amount of the parts purchased:
OrderTree.com always uses the lowest shipping and handling charge for pre-authorization in an attempt to minimize the amount of funds on "hold". This may result in a discrepancy between the two amounts listed on your account. In the statement example above, the pre-authorization amount is $38.00 with S & H and the actual charge is $41.50 with S & H.
2 OrderTree.com is required to charge sales tax in states where we have offices or warehouse facilities.
These states are:
- North Carolina
- New York
3 This is an example of what could happen with a pre-authorization hold. Hold times vary by financial institution. Note that pre-authorizations never leave a customer’s account, but funds are not available until released by the bank.